Read time: 1 minute
To this end, Vanguard recommends an allocation to private equity in long-term portfolios for our investment advisory clients, where suitable and appropriate.
Vanguard drew on more than 40 years as a leader in manager search and oversight, as well as its scale, to broaden access to investment strategies that have the potential to improve investor outcomes but were previously reserved for the largest asset pools. Vanguard's comprehensive private equity offering can help solve the investing challenges many asset owners face.
- All investing is subject to risk, including the possible loss of the money you invest.
- Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss.
- Be aware that fluctuations in the financial markets and other factors may cause declines in the value of your account. There is no guarantee that any particular asset allocation or mix of funds will meet your investment objectives or provide you with a given level of income.
- Private investments involve a high degree of risk and therefore should be undertaken only by prospective investors capable of evaluating and bearing the risks such investments represent. Investors in private equity generally must meet certain minimum financial qualifications that may make it unsuitable for specific market participants.
- This communication does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any specific investment product sponsored by, or investment services provided by, Vanguard Advisers Inc. or its affiliates. Any such offer may be made only to qualified investors by means of delivery of a confidential Private Placement Memorandum or similar materials that contain a description of the material terms of such investment. No sale will be made in any jurisdiction in which the offer, solicitation, or sale is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make the offer, solicitation, or sale.