Many DB plan sponsors find it challenging to oversee plan portfolio while also managing other day-to-day responsibilities for their organizations. But partnering with a provider who understands your needs can help you better balance these competing priorities.
Partnering with your organization
Vanguard Institutional Advisory Services (VIAS) offers DB plan sponsors the considerable resources of a large investment firm like Vanguard with the customized service of a specialized boutique. When your organization partners with VIAS, you work with a team of investment professionals that has your plan and organization objectives and fiduciary responsibilities in mind.
Optimizing your portfolio to meet your short- and long-term goals
Whether your DB plan is open or frozen, underfunded or approaching full funding, or if plan termination is a possibility, VIAS will help you develop a tailored portfolio that ensures your plan investments are risk appropriate, designed to achieve and maintain full funding, and aligned with your overall strategy. It does this by:
- Understanding your organization, your plan objectives, and your obligations.
- Developing a dynamic investment policy statement that identifies appropriate asset allocation strategies, including funded status triggers, to change the allocation to preserve gains in DB plan funded status.
- Based on a proven investment philosophy, constructing a portfolio glide path to full funding and implementing that strategy.
- Selecting the best investment minds to manage your portfolio.
- Providing ongoing oversight, consultation, and reporting.